Swimming Pools, Beach Area and Tiki Huts
Rules & Regulations
Swimming Pools and Pool Decks
The Swimming Pools shall be used only between the hours of 6:00 A.M. and 10:00 P.M. Only 6 guests per unit are allowed at the pool area at any one time.
- All persons using the pools and pool areas do so at their own risk. The Towers does not provide lifeguards and assumes no responsibility for any personal or other accident or injury in connection with such use, or for any loss or damage to personal property.
- Persons using the pool areas shall comply with all rules and regulations promulgated by Miami-Dade County Health Department, and by those internal rules and regulations posted on the board.
- All persons must shower before entering the pool.
- Bathers shall wear shoes and cover-ups when going to and from the pools and beach area through the lobby levels.
- With the exception of wheel chairs, strollers, baby carriages and/or equipment necessary to accommodate an individual’s disability, no wheeled vehicles of any type shall be permitted in the pool areas. For safety reasons, carriages and strollers should be kept at least 6 feet away from the pool.
- Persons under twelve (12) years of age must be accompanied and supervised by a person 18 years or older at all times.
- Persons who are not toilet trained are required to wear swim/diaper type undergarments or waterproof pants in swimming pools.
- Running on the pool decks, unnecessarily rough play and rowdiness, ball playing and other undue disturbances are strictly prohibited.
- Surf boards, roller skates/blades, skateboards, rafts and solid or inflatable items (with the exception of ‘water wings’) are not permitted in or near the swimming pools.
- Food may be consumed only on designated tables around pool areas, in compliance with health regulations.
- Beverages are only allowed on the pool decks in plastic or other containers which are not made of glass. Such beverages shall be kept away from the pool, shall not be taken into the pool and all trash shall be properly discarded in the refuse containers.
- Reservation of pool/beach chairs, tables, ‘chaise-lounges’ is not allowed.
- Chairs and ‘chaise-lounges’ shall not be removed from the pool decks, gazebos, or beach area at any time. Beach chairs shall not be placed nor left in the water or beyond the ocean’s high water mark.
- All residents and guests must have yellow towels while utilizing the pool and pool area facilities. Towels may be purchased at the pool cabana.
- Cigars, Cigarette butts, trash objects, debris and similar items shall be deposited in the designated receptacles; they shall not be thrown into the pools, or left on the decks, grass or beach area.
- Tar and crude oil and sand shall be removed by beach users before leaving the beach area. Special attention shall be exercised that tar, sand and crude oil are not brought into the buildings or deck areas.
Public Beach Area
- Beach services and furniture will be available during such hours as determined by the Association from time to time.
- It is the responsibility of residents and guests to collect and dispose of their trash.
- Beach furniture is available on a first come first serve basis. No Reservations are allowed for any beach furniture.
- Beach furniture shall not be used to store or hold personal belongings.
- Use of Association’s furniture including but not limited chairs and umbrellas will be subject to weather conditions and only available for use in the sole discretion of the Association.
- No beach furniture will be permitted within 10 feet of the beach water line at such time of use.
- Beach furniture shall not be moved past the Association’s property boundary.
- Without limiting any of the other restrictions contained herein, under extreme wind and high tide conditions beach furniture and umbrellas will not be provided for use.
- On Saturdays, Sundays and National Holidays, only one umbrella per unit will be provided subject to availability. On Mondays through Fridays no more than two umbrellas per unit may be requested, subject to availability.
Tiki Hut Area
- The Tiki Hut may not be reserved for private use and is available on a first come first basis.
- No beach furniture shall be used to store or hold personal belongings.
- Residents and guests must dispose of their trash and garbage.
- Persons under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a person 18 years of age or older in order to use the Tiki Hut Area.
- No smoking, music, decorations, or glass containers are permitted.
- All persons using in the Tiki Hut area do so at their own risk.
The Association understands that residents may wish to have tennis lessons, swimming lessons or personal training sessions at the appropriate common element facilities. Prior to any instructor or personal trainer providing any services to a resident, and for the safety and protection of T.K.B and its residents, Instructors must register annually (TKB fiscal year) with the management office and provide the following documentation:
Swimming instructor certification requirements:
1. Personal trainer’s license or certification, as appropriate
2. ARC American Red Cross or YMCA or WSI Water Safety Instructor or equivalent and current CPR
3. Liability Insurance minimum of Three Million dollars.
(On rainy days, all Pool Department employees join our Housekeeping Department and assist in the cleaning and maintaining of the Towers.)